What's new

What Level am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewleeanne

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wasn't sure where to post this but...

I'm confused as to what level photographer to consider myself. I know how to properly use manual mode, and I do use it, I focus manually, I shoot in RAW, I understand most photography terminology, I understand the writing on lenses, and I know how to do some basic editing with Photoshop Elements 12. I don't really think I'm a beginner, but what do you guys think? If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't answer above, please ask.
 
Maybe a level 7, of course I am only a level Orange. ;)

It's all about the end result. Manual this and that are good to know but not needed to make good photos. Don't get hung up on what you did to get the shot but rather how it turns out.
 
There are levels? Interesting. I personally only judge myself based on my past work. I measure my growth by being critical of myself, my past, and not by comparing myself to others.

That said. . . .
 
There are levels? Interesting. I personally only judge myself based on my past work. I measure my growth by being critical of myself, my past, and not by comparing myself to others. That said. . . .

Well, obviously level pink.

Of course! Well then what makes you orange?
 
I wasn't sure where to post this but...

I'm confused as to what level photographer to consider myself. I know how to properly use manual mode, and I do use it, I focus manually, I shoot in RAW, I understand most photography terminology, I understand the writing on lenses, and I know how to do some basic editing with Photoshop Elements 12. I don't really think I'm a beginner, but what do you guys think? If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't answer above, please ask.

There are no levels. Photography is like life there is only progression, stagnation and regression.
 
Levels?

Damn! I was thinking it goes by plumbs.

Here all along I thought I was doing good by being at 90°.
 
Maybe a level 7, of course I am only a level Orange. ;)

It's all about the end result. Manual this and that are good to know but not needed to make good photos. Don't get hung up on what you did to get the shot but rather how it turns out.
I honestly don't believe I could disagree with this statement more...


There is a big difference between taking a great photo and being a great photographer.
 
I wasn't sure where to post this but...

I'm confused as to what level photographer to consider myself. I know how to properly use manual mode, and I do use it, I focus manually, I shoot in RAW, I understand most photography terminology, I understand the writing on lenses, and I know how to do some basic editing with Photoshop Elements 12. I don't really think I'm a beginner, but what do you guys think? If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't answer above, please ask.


hell your ahead of me right there.
 
I wasn't sure where to post this but...

I'm confused as to what level photographer to consider myself. I know how to properly use manual mode, and I do use it, I focus manually, I shoot in RAW, I understand most photography terminology, I understand the writing on lenses, and I know how to do some basic editing with Photoshop Elements 12. I don't really think I'm a beginner, but what do you guys think? If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't answer above, please ask.


hell your ahead of me right there.
I must be well bellow any level. I know only about b&w film and nothing about photoshop. :(
 
I wasn't sure where to post this but...

I'm confused as to what level photographer to consider myself. I know how to properly use manual mode, and I do use it, I focus manually, I shoot in RAW, I understand most photography terminology, I understand the writing on lenses, and I know how to do some basic editing with Photoshop Elements 12. I don't really think I'm a beginner, but what do you guys think? If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't answer above, please ask.

There are no levels. Photography is like life there is only progression, stagnation and regression.

So you become like an old and proud man that stops exploring new things and eventually loses his old love for photography and then the inevitable regression? Sounds like a good drama movie.
 
I wasn't sure where to post this but...

I'm confused as to what level photographer to consider myself. I know how to properly use manual mode, and I do use it, I focus manually, I shoot in RAW, I understand most photography terminology, I understand the writing on lenses, and I know how to do some basic editing with Photoshop Elements 12. I don't really think I'm a beginner, but what do you guys think? If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't answer above, please ask.

I'm gonna steal SCraig's answer and say: "Shoot what you like, like what you shoot. Take all advice with a grain of salt." Nothing more to say really, photography is something you learn by doing.
 
I wasn't sure where to post this but...

I'm confused as to what level photographer to consider myself. I know how to properly use manual mode, and I do use it, I focus manually, I shoot in RAW, I understand most photography terminology, I understand the writing on lenses, and I know how to do some basic editing with Photoshop Elements 12. I don't really think I'm a beginner, but what do you guys think? If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't answer above, please ask.

You sound like a beginning-stage intermediate level photographer, or a very advanced beginning shooter.
 
I hear once to get to the advanced level you can smell colors and taste sounds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom