What settings should I have used for this shot?

RadarContact

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As you can see, the shot is blurry. I was using the following settings: f/5.6, 1/1000, and ISO 200. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• $FEDEX.jpg
    $FEDEX.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 164
The focus seems sharp... I would have used a higher iso sensitivity. There is no need for that shutter speed with little to no movement in the picture

Ah ok thanks guys! So even when I zoom in at the full sized image in Photoshop and it looks a tad out of focus, that really doesn't matter because the image looks fine without being zoomed in? Thanks!

The only blurriness I see is behind/under the jet and I think that is from the engine and kind of cool looking. Did you do any PP on it? You maybe able to make adjustments to make the sky pop more but since the subject is the plan it looks is focus.

Ah ok thanks guys! So even when I zoom in at the full sized image in Photoshop and it looks a tad out of focus, that really doesn't matter because the image looks fine without being zoomed in? Thanks!

How far are you Zooming in?

Zooming in can help judge sharpness but I would not zoom in more then 100% to judge sharpness.

You guys have been so helpful and friendly. Thank you so much. Yes I zoomed in quite far so I won't do that again. I will adjust the contrast/levels in Photoshop to make it a bit brighter. Yes the stuff under the plane is likely from the engine. Have a great weekend guys!

That looks sharp to me too. Now if you're referencing the space behind the plane, you would need a smaller aperture to get the whole shot in focus, but since the whole plane's there, I wouldn't really lose sleep over that.

Most reactions

Back