What's new

What size and resolution to resize images to import to iPad?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've recently got an iPad2, 32GB, wifi, 3G. I was wondering what size and resolution do you think would be optimal to downsize my images to so that they still look good while displaying them on here, but yet won't take up entirely too much memory?

Thanks for your help!
Mark
 
From Apple, the screen resolution is "1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)"

So you could probably start with that. I'm not sure if you'll need or want higher resolution for zooming into the images.
 
Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much. So, if I wanted zoomability, should i double the resolution, or image size? I've never had to worry about this before, I've always just downsized by bringing down the image size, and leading the resolution where it was.Mark
 
The image size (pixel dimensions) is the resolution.

The PPI of the display is meaningless for electronic display, unless you want to look at the image at 100% (1 image pixel = 1 screen pixel).
 
That makes sense. I've just always related the term resolution with the d/ppi.

Okay, thanks to the pair of you!
Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom