What to look for in a vest?

Check out The Vest Guy not only a lot of designs but also fully customisable! (if you want something that isn't on their drop down menus just drop them an email with your specifications)

When I posted my question, I have only browsed the first page of B&H. I didn't know there were many more pages and the better ones seem to run up around $100 to $300 and more. So sm4him's comment on the Humvee is much appreciated.

I have a mix of Sony batteries and generic ones. One generic battery came from B&H's free bundle that came with the purchase of the A77. I am hoping B&H chose that battery for good reason.

I ordered the vertical grip from Amazon for now. It's the generic kind (with good reviews -- I hope it holds up). I have the generic kind for the A550 and am very happy with it.

When I'm not too busy (just got back from a shoot and am processing), I'll visit B&H.

Thanks a bunch, all. Really pleased with the responses I got.

What to look for in a vest?

I would want to know if it is long enough to conceal my holstered pistol.

You may not have this requirement.

I've got around 10 photo vests, some are lighter material than others. I have to say I don't use them anymore, fanny pack is more practical for me. It all depends on what you are planning to carry, a couple of big side pockets, one on the back, inside pockets are good. It all comes down to personal choice, remember that if you overload it, your shoulders and neck will take all the weight.

Runnah are you taking pictures or filling potholes?

I haven't ever tried a vest other than wearing a fleece vest sometimes, never used to make them for women and the ones for men don't fit me, uh, where my anatomy is different. (Couldn't fit film in my bra but maybe could put a media card in there?) I just stick things in my jeans pockets and/or carry a small camera bag.

Runnah are you taking pictures or filling potholes? I haven't ever tried a vest other than wearing a fleece vest sometimes, never used to make them for women and the ones for men don't fit me, uh, where my anatomy is different. (Couldn't fit film in my bra but maybe could put a media card in there?) I just stick things in my jeans pockets and/or carry a small camera bag.

My job requires me to be in construction job sites so safety is important.

Oh, you wear it for real! I thought you were kidding. Because, you know, you're always so serious in your posts. (<-- sarcasm)

Oh, you wear it for real! I thought you were kidding. Because, you know, you're always so serious in your posts. (<-- sarcasm)

Safety is no joke! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back