What's new

What we do for fun…..

Interesting photos. They (we!) give you guys such nice toys to play with ;)

Is #4 a launch or impact shot? It looks like I see the rocket at the top of the smoke trail but I'm not sure. Great catch either way though.
 
That is a Line Charge. 350 feet of C4 (5 pounds per linear foot) for clearing mine fields and obstacles. That is the launch. The rocket carry's the charge to it's full length and then the charge is detonated clearing a passable lane through the obstacle.
 
Camp Schwab?
 
I just took a SWAG at the location. I have not been on the island since March of 1979.

Wow! That's 34 1/2 years ago, how time flies.
 
You'd be surprised how much has changed on Schwab. I'll have to get some photos up of it.
 
That is a Line Charge. 350 feet of C4 (5 pounds per linear foot) for clearing mine fields and obstacles. That is the launch. The rocket carry's the charge to it's full length and then the charge is detonated clearing a passable lane through the obstacle.

Cool! Beats those flail tanks they tried to use in WWII. Much less stressful for the guys in the armor ;)

BTW, on reading my original post I realized that the "(we!)" was misleading. I meant "We" as in we the taxpayers and not "We" as in Army staff ;) My only time in the Army was a few years of ROTC.
 
That is a Line Charge. 350 feet of C4 (5 pounds per linear foot) for clearing mine fields and obstacles. That is the launch. The rocket carry's the charge to it's full length and then the charge is detonated clearing a passable lane through the obstacle.

Cool! Beats those flail tanks they tried to use in WWII. Much less stressful for the guys in the armor ;)

BTW, on reading my original post I realized that the "(we!)" was misleading. I meant "We" as in we the taxpayers and not "We" as in Army staff ;) My only time in the Army was a few years of ROTC.

lol, I figured that's what the "We" meant. Thanks for looking.
 
You'd be surprised how much has changed on Schwab. I'll have to get some photos up of it.
That would be nice to see, I spent three years on the "rock", including time spent on various BLT's.

A tour was only 12 months long at that time, but I kept extending my time there. I enjoyed serving in the far east.

Semper Fi!
 
You'd be surprised how much has changed on Schwab. I'll have to get some photos up of it.
That would be nice to see, I spent three years on the "rock", including time spent on various BLT's.

A tour was only 12 months long at that time, but I kept extending my time there. I enjoyed serving in the far east.

Semper Fi!

Semper Fi, I'm enjoying it as well.
 
Lucky... That looks like fun. Great shots-love the one staring down the barrel from the better side to be on... Thanks for your service too.
 
Wow. That first one's an incredible view of what it's like. Besides it being interesting to see what it's like there, you took some great photos.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom