What's new

What Would You Do?

clbryant19811

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
26
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I picked up my camera a couple years ago. Between work and kids I put it down and did not do much. I picked it up again recently and now want to really learn. So, not looking for critiques of the picture (I know it's not the best) but what I want to know is what would you do when you see this building. Composition, post processing, etc.

$Red Barn Salado.webp
 
I would get the name and address of the designer.

So I could send some harassing mail. (Not really, Mr. U.S. Postmaster ha-ha jk)

You almost have to find different light somehow. Maybe go at different times of the day. You've got one corner, so three more to go. Don't forget context and detail shots.
 
It's a tough building. Trees block one side completely. If you go around back it's too modernized and ruins the feel of the building. A/c hanging out Windows, modern Windows. Someone really did a number on this building. Probably why it's sitting empty.
 
It needs to be shot at a different time of day for sure.

IF it were mine, and IF I were inclined to even pursue it (which I probably wouldn't be--sometimes things are really neat looking in real life just don't transpose to a 2D image that well, and you just have to let it go)--I would shoot this early in the morning, or later in the evening, whenever the sun would be at your back but low in the sky. I'd move a little more toward the…uh…"Front" of the house (I can't really tell if that IS the front, what with the door on the side--but towards that ramp and porch anyway). Wait--not "toward" it as in closer--I'd move to the left of where the current photo was taken, so that a little more of the "front" is viewable.

Then I'd also consider converting it to either B&W or sepia, try to give it a bit "older" feel.
 
Location it's salado texas taken at 9am this morning
 
You might try some close ups. There are some interesting features that might make an interesting shot such as the thermometer, mailbox and 409 numbers. Then there's another gage around the corner that might go with the interesting window above it. How about a nude model sitting on the steps?
 
Location it's salado texas taken at 9am this morning
That was 2 hours after sunrise in Salado this morning.

In the winter the Sun will rise further to the south and the south wall closest to the camera that was in shadow this morning may be lit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom