TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BW or Color??

5247370671_4e487d2552_z.jpg
5247973338_28b79a3580_z.jpg

oh!~ I LOVE them both!!!!

I don't think you would go wrong with either.
but if I had to choose one, I'd say bw.
good job!
as you know I love this type of edit!

b/w.

the color version has the unfortunate effect of making her hair seem like it is graying.

Nice! C, only the BW was edited the the color is SOOC :)
I basically put the strobe behind the subject pointing up with just bare bulb showing so light bounces everywhere.

Showing diagram. The walls beocme light source and so does the ceiling. So using one WL X1600 lit up everything.

Shot was taken at 1/200 - f/4 - ISO 100 with the strobe around 1/2 power if I remember correctly.

5248055812_ceb8b48d26.jpg

Both of them are amazing I think, the comment about her hair greying, I think most people will recognize the light behind her and judging by her age will be able to tell she is in fact not greying :p/

B&W makes her look overweight, especially around her right arm. Color makes her looks extremely underweight. Too much of the body is not detailed. they're nice but just not enough definition around right shoulder for me.

B&W makes her look overweight, especially around her right arm. Color makes her looks extremely underweight. Too much of the body is not detailed. they're nice but just not enough definition around right shoulder for me.

Yeah you won't get much definition w/ those pix. That's kindda the style of the pix. I would need to light up the background separately then light her up separately then. But with this wedding, the lights will be bright. But I suppose I can bring her more forward to see if that works.

You got light leak everywhere Mo..

LOL JK

NJ

Nice setup. My only quibble is that the tip of her nose just disappears. I like the high-key effect quite a bit, and think it looks great....just would like to see that there is actually an end to her nose!

Nice setup. My only quibble is that the tip of her nose just disappears. I like the high-key effect quite a bit, and think it looks great....just would like to see that there is actually an end to her nose!

haha can u see it in the colored version? I can see it there but not in the B&W but that's because I PPed that one and raised some brightness in it after turning it to BW. I can fix that and lower the brightness some. But you're right, now it's bugging me.

haha thanks MW!
I got lucky :)
Plus she always helps me practice w/ her. Matter of fact, she's getting ready now for another shoot we're bout to do. Trying to get creative w/ flash for night shots outdoor. These will eventually help me with weddings. Which is the field I mostly care about at the moment in photography.

Most reactions

Back