What's A Single Mom To Do????

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, you're a single Mom, with a baby, 5 dogs, and 1 bunny rabbit, and you really want to go to the festival......What to do, what to do. The light bulb comes on, you cobble up a crate and landscape wagon, throw in some blankets and stuffed animals, and throw them all in and let them fend for themselves. LOL

flower20190427_0869.jpg

It is a strange, strange world. Where is the baby?

Laying down, in the middle, if you look closely you can see his head, toward the rabbit in the back, and one leg peaking out from under the dog at the front.

Oh dear, do you have to show me these kinds of things?? I don't know how to describe how it feels but I don't like seeing something that might be reportable (having been a mandated reporter)... I'm retired, don't show me this stuff!

Not that it may be that bad, but then again if they do this in public and think it's OK, what else might be going on? I found that most of the time talking to the parents/family was workable and mostly due to a lack of resources or awareness or whatever, then we could get things on track. I only had to report a couple of times in 30 years, but between baby photography and things like this, sheesh.

What would be the concern is not just all the dogs and rabbit and blankets and things but mom's in shorts and a t-shirt and the baby looks all bundled up. Of course I don't know the age but it doesn't look like the safest way to take a baby somewhere... I just home they all got home safely is all I can say.

@vintagesnaps The day was comfortable with a light breeze. I had on a long sleeve shirt, that was getting warm at times. The baby was at least over 6 months because he/she was standing holding to the sides at times. I'm not sure the baby was in any danger, other than a potential scratch from the dogs nails, but everyone in the wagon seemed calm. I would have also stepped in had I felt there was danger. When we left we saw them unloading into a car in the parking lot.

The scene kinda reminded me of the chorus from John Denver's " Grandma's Feather Bed" - "It could hold eight kids and four hound dogs, And a piggy we stole from the shed, We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun, On grandma's feather bed".

Babies need clean room level, germ-free, dust-free, allergen-free, hazard- free environments, right?

Laying down, in the middle, if you look closely you can see his head, toward the rabbit in the back, and one leg peaking out from under the dog at the front.

No, no and no. The baby could suffocate with all the blankets and furry friends. And getting stepped on. Wonder what it is like for the baby at home.

No, no and no. The baby could suffocate with all the blankets and furry friends. And getting stepped on. Wonder what it is like for the baby at home.

I can only guess. I should note that there were police throughout the grounds, several I know saw the wagon full, but nver commented.

Don't be ridiculous Derrel, of course it's fine if kids are playing and getting dirty etc. but the concern here is a baby down in/on a pile of blankets etc. in a relatively small confined area for a baby and that many dogs and a rabbit.

Smoke I didn't see a baby's head so I imagine people could have seen this family go by and not even known a baby was in there. Usually in my experience it would be a matter of finding out what's needed and enabling a family in getting what they need; it's better to be preventive so it doesn't become a worse situation. This family might just need an infant seat/carrier or to learn other ways to position a baby.

Most reactions

Back