K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
NOT ME!! :eek-new:

IMG_6592 (2)ps.jpg

IMG_6592 (3)ps.jpg

Nice Kirk! Are there many alligator attacks on humans in Florida?

Thanks. It's somewhat of a rarity. It appears that most attacks occur when they either go for a swim, go snorkeling or walk too close to the waters edge and get dragged into the water. I'm putting up a link that ells how each person was attacked. There's one incident where two guys that had been burglarizing cars were running from the police and one of them jumped into a retention pond to get away and jumped into a gators mouth. (so to speak) If he'd known what awaited him I bet he would've jumped into the long arms of the law instead. Check this out, it' very interesting: List of fatal alligator attacks in the United States - Wikipedia

Thanks. It's somewhat of a rarity. It appears that most attacks occur when they either go for a swim, go snorkeling or walk too close to the waters edge and get dragged into the water. I'm putting up a link that ells how each person was attacked. There's one incident where two guys that had been burglarizing cars were running from the police and one of them jumped into a retention pond to get away and jumped into a gators mouth. (so to speak) If he'd known what awaited him I bet he would've jumped into the long arms of the law instead. Check this out, it' very interesting: List of fatal alligator attacks in the United States - Wikipedia

Interesting read.

Didn't realise you gators grew that big. Obviously better to swim in your pool or the ocean and don't walk to close to the waters edge. Much the same as our crocodiles.

The car burglars I would call that poetic justice.

Wow Kirk... awesome... i did not know that alligators have whiskers...

Cool shots. When we visited Myakka River State Park a couple of years ago they told us that you should assume any body of fresh water you find in S. Florida has a gator.

Wow Kirk... awesome... i did not know that alligators have whiskers...

Thanks. You and I both.

Interesting read.

Didn't realise you gators grew that big. Obviously better to swim in your pool or the ocean and don't walk to close to the waters edge. Much the same as our crocodiles.

The car burglars I would call that poetic justice.

Thanks. I'm very wary about alligators around here, I try to keep a good distance from any waters edge. Lately, I've been entertaining the idea of carrying a gun along with my camera. I'm a firm believer that it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I totally agree on the burglar thing. It's a shame mother nature can't help the police more often. Ha!

Cool shots. When we visited Myakka River State Park a couple of years ago they told us that you should assume any body of fresh water you find in S. Florida has a gator.

Thanks. They are absolutely correct! People amaze me, I've encounter people that grew up here and their logic tells them that because the fact that they've swam in gator infested waters all their lives and have never been attacked makes gators safe. When I asked them what they thought the dead people that were attacked and killed by them would say to that they clam up. Maybe I did them a favor with a wake up slap to the brain. ;) IDK, I don't have much hope for some people.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back