What's Goin' On Here?

Everyone chosed to date has shown knowledge, patience, maturity, and the ability to bite tongue (or refrain typing) on occasion. And that will make for a forum that doesn't veer off into strange places, at least not too often.

My impression is that they were on some sort of sedative.

I like strange places!!

Ok, now that all of you are moderators, perhaps you have some pull with the designers of this site. Here's my request: I'd like to ask that embedded photos, when clicked on, be popped up into a full screen view that expands the image to whatever is its "full" size, and fills the rest of the screen with a black background. Another click will send you back to the normal view. My photoclub website implemented this idea a year ago, and it really makes a huge difference when you are studying an image.

Not sure if all that can be done within the forum structure. We've already got the auto-resizer which you can customise (or even disable) in your profile settings. If you want you can also right click and select "open image" on any photo in your browser and it should open that photo in a totally blank page (background is white rather than black - you might be able to change this in some browser settings).

You'll have to use back one page to return to the photos original thread.

...... If you want you can also right click and select "open image" on any photo in your browser and it should open that photo in a totally blank page (background is white rather than black - you might be able to change this in some browser settings).

You'll have to use back one page to return to the photos original thread.

You can also may be able to choose to open it in another window or another tab. Try right-clicking and see if those options are available. That will eliminate the need to "Back" to the forum.

In Opera I don't get that option - just to open in a tab (and I've tried middle mouse button pressing the tab but it won't open in a new tab). However if I wanted to I can right click and "copy image url" and then make a new tab and paste that address in and follow that to see the image on its own. I generally don't though as I have a pair of buttons for refresh and back page on my mouse so - I just click there :)

In Opera I don't get that option - just to open in a tab (and I've tried middle mouse button pressing the tab but it won't open in a new tab). However if I wanted to I can right click and "copy image url" and then make a new tab and paste that address in and follow that to see the image on its own. I generally don't though as I have a pair of buttons for refresh and back page on my mouse so - I just click there :)

You crazy people with your obtuse web browsers.

respect_my_authority-774051.jpg

Don't ban me for posting images that are not mine... please..... please...

^^ Prize for the first new mod to ban the rules violator!

Most reactions

Back