What's the best all around iso setting for a dslr?

i do weddings for money yes, but am always willing to learn and see what other people do.

outdoors nice day not too bright

Wild ballpark guess... (lens makes a huge difference too!).

ISO 100, 1/125th, F/3.5 to 5.6. minor motion blur

ISO 100, 1/250th, F/2.8 no motion blur.

cool, thanks for yor time

Becuase ISO is like beginner level stuff that most get down pat way early in their learning process. By the time you get to an intermediate level (much less a pro level), if you don't know this stuff hands down, your pic quality is not near as good as you could be making it... unless you are following a straight cookie-cutter formula without really understanding it.

And here I was all impressed with you, and you go break my heart and all. :cry:
(I'll never love again... lol)

I would not be impressed at someone saying they do weedings there is a lot of rubbish out there.

People see my previous stuff like it and ask me to do their wedding.

I do not charge 1000's and dont really advertise myself all my work is through word of mouth.

Do not be impressed with anything on the internet!!!!

and sorry to break your heart

All I'm saying about using ISO 400 as a standard is this: It works for me ... and my equipment. I know that some cameras are lousy at that setting, and some others are perfectly acceptable at much higher settings.

For what it's worth ... I settled on 400 because it makes my life simpler ... and it works for me. In part, it's a throwback to the old film days when I shot primarily Tri-X (400 ISO) or (for color) Fujichrome 200(exposed at 400 because I always did my own processing).

So, I'm just a 400 ISO kinda guy.

mr. sandspur

just checked out your pics and they are great

Most reactions

Back