Whats the deal with pro-optic?

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was browsing through a photographic mag and saw that pro-optic has a 800mm lens for $249! I checked on the net and most of their lenses are super cheap like fish eyes for 70 bucks. Im just wondering what makes them so much cheaper? What are they missing from other lenses? Sorry for not doing my own research but I figured I could get a more honest and vaulable opinion for you folks.

Troy

I've never heard of them, but if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Make sure you find some people who have actually used the equipment before you buy. And if you can't find anyone using it, well, that says a lot right there.

On the other hand, cheap doesn't always mean it's junk or that it won't work for you. With lenses cheap usually means that sharpness suffers at the edges and at apertures other than the mid range. maybe the multi-coatings aren't the latest (color may suffer, may be more prone to flare) But if you are usually shooting at f/8 to f/16 anyway, then it may hardly matter, or at least not matter $1000 worth.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back