what's the story, morning photographer?

TomRussell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Couldn't sleep last night - a bad thing as i had work today - so i went out before work and shot some stuff. I wanted to see what sort of stuff i could get completely without a wide-angle (my EF-S..i dislike it..) so all of these shots were taken on my 70-200 sigma ex.

abstract_blue.jpg

Abstract blue, 200mm, 1/160s @ f/2.8, iso 400.

abstract_metal.jpg

Abstract metal, 117mm, 1/20s (handheld! i was surprised too!) @ f/2.8, iso 800.

abstract_metal2.jpg

Abstract metal 2, 175mm, 1/25s @ f/2.8, iso 1600.

coloured_lights.jpg

Coloured lights, 117mm, 1/160s @ f/3.2, iso 400.

give_way.jpg

Give way, 70mm, 1/200s @ f/5.0, iso 800.

industrial.jpg

Industrial, 70mm, 1/100 @ f/3.5, iso 800.

puddle.jpg

Puddle, 135mm, 1/125 @ f/2.8, iso 800.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Beautiful work. The colors are out of this world. Composition is on point. "Abstract Blue" and "Abstract Metal" are a little rough. I think it is because of the shallow depth of ƒield.

Please note: I get extra credit. The ol' 56k connection (did I say that out loud?) took a "while" to put it mildly. Worth it though; I think if the files were displayed smaller I would have been a little disappointed.

OP
T

TomRussell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
abstract metal was a kind of one-off chance shot. It's actually the metal top of a construction type vehicle on the road on the way to work. Depth of field i can see was a problem - a tripod would have been good to use here, but i couldnt do much about that as the thing was about to move off ;). I had to chance it with a handheld shot at over 100mm in low light, 1/20s..good thing i hadn't drunk too much caffeine! Anyway, to get more dof i'd have to have used either less focal length, impossible as i couldn't get any closer, or a wider aperture, which i couldn't do because then you WOULD have seen camera shake :( It's a shame really, the shot could have been so much better.

anyway, 36 hours without sleep and a days work in the middle means that that lot up there probably made no sense at all, so its bedtime for me. Night!

Most reactions