whats with adox

Tballphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was digging on their website, and when looking at the silvermax and several others, they link to a webpage in which they say they are not making more film as they used up the ingredients that came inside the factory they bought. and they literally cannot make more film, as the "cost of getting new ingredients would be to expensive"

So im wondering if adox film is going to be freshly thawed freezer stock until its all gone?

Please provide a link to the web page where Adox says they are not making more film.

So im wondering if adox film is going to be freshly thawed freezer stock until its all gone?

Sounds like they have no clue yet..............

"Therefore we have decided to extend this decision for the day when the 35mm stocks are depleted and the general question about how to continue will come up."

I was digging on their website, and when looking at the silvermax and several others, they link to a webpage in which they say they are not making more film as they used up the ingredients that came inside the factory they bought. and they literally cannot make more film, as the "cost of getting new ingredients would be to expensive"

Manufacturers don't freeze films or papers (or raw emulasions), they use low temperature warehouses, I've been inside Ilford's at Mobberley. The last master roll of Kodachrome 25 was held in cold storage and Kodak would confection some releasing it in small batches every year os so, they did this because it had been their flagship procuct and they wanted to celebrate 75 yers of Kodachrome production before it ran out. It was a phased rundown closing processing plants as sales dropped, and after closing all their own processing plants leaving Dwayne's as the only machine left operational.

As far as I know Adox haven't finished fully re-commissioning the Ilford coating line they have taken over.at Marly.

In terms of ceratin raw ingredients for Emulsions as well as Chemistry Agfa ceased production of APX25 when a key chemical was no longer available, this haappen with the developing agent used in Agfa Atomal and May & Baker (now Champion) Promicrol. In these cases the chemicals had been used in far larger quantities in other indsutrial processes and when these shifted to something else it was no longer economic to manufacture (synthesise) the much small quantities and prices would have risen astronomically.

In the case of APX25 Agfa stated that because it was such a low selling film they'd never recoup the costs of reformulating it.

Ian

Most reactions

Back