What's your keeper rate?

Snapshots of kids is very high....75%+. Some have some really unique facial expressions or actions, even if I missed the shot. I don't like to delete those images from my memory.
But those are just my kids I'm speaking of.

The other 25% is just multiples of the same blurry shots.

Like you, I keep everything I shoot of my kids.

Shoot long enough and you will likely find that as your experience (and quality) increases ... so will your "standards" in what constitutes a good image.

That is to say... your "keeper" rate wont necessarily go up because you'll become more discriminating as to what qualifies for your new more-demanding standards.

I keep most of mine but it depends on what it is how many I print or use for some purpose. If I'm shooting digitally I delete ones where I moved or the subject did or I hit the release accidently or whatever... if I'm shooting film then I just have frames on a strip of film that I may not want to have prints made.

As often as not my first shot of a series ends up being the best one, maybe that comes from having done sports and shooting film - from the combination of both I think I learned how to get the shot when there is going to be no retake, you either get the shot or you don't; and shooting film you needed to learn how to frame and compose images if you were going to be a photographer because there wasn't much of a way to correct mistakes after the fact.

I keep most but it varies from roll to roll or media card to media card what I do with them.

Mine seems to be steadily getting lower. More and more, everything looks like crap to me.

I developed a roll of film last weekend, and half of it didn't even look good enough to put on Flickr, and my standards for "what is good enough for Flickr" are pretty low. :lol:

Good is the new mediocre.

Looks like it is.

Although, sometimes I look at a photo and think, "Why did I even take this?", lol. I mean, there could be nothing wrong with it, technically, but still...

There's good photos and there's interesting photos. Sometimes a photo is both.
I like when I can take interesting photos. I may be the only one who thinks they're interesting, but they end up being my favorites.

The good ones are liked by more people, but I often get bored of them.

I think it's creative growing pains.

Most reactions

Back