Whats your number one wedding lens?

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleclarke.co.nz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title says! Whats your go to wedding lens? (Sorry if there has been a few of these threads?)
Ive been assistant wedding shooter for a while now and I i love it and have even done a few low level solo shoots. But have decided to take the plunge and do it a bit more seriously. But I'm lacking some necessary gear. So in my mind I want to get a 2nd body and a 24-70mm/2.8 ? Along with my existing gear in my signature. is this the right way to go?

for weddings, my wife mostly uses the 70-200 f/2.8 and 28-75 f/2.8, or 17-50 f/2.8 if she needs to get in close.
I find myself often using more primes, with the 85mm f/1.8 being my favorite, and sometimes the 50 f/1.4

There's no such thing. The 24-70 & 70-200 get the most use, but the 85 1.4, and 105 2.8 are essential as well and the 16-35 gets a fair amount of use too.

I am not a huge fan of the 24-70. It's a decent all arounder but I was constantly wanting to get tighter or go wider.

The last wedding I shot I used my 50mm and 85 for most of the time. I did use my 70-200 but sparingly.

Cheers guys! Confirmed I was on the right path for wedding lenses! Going to look at 24-70mm today, and that with my big zoom on another body (or the nifty fifty) I think ill be sorted for a few weddings :)

the best wedding lens is a fisheye! no matter where you are, you get most of the shots you need, just crop heavily for the closeups.

kidding of course :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back