Where are the current Terms/Agreements?

Mindy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I wanted to look at the information we agree to when we initally signed on to TPF. Is it available somewhere on the forums? I've looked everywhere. Nothing in the FAQs.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well it is in the FAQ but I didn't find what I was looking for.

I noticed that most of the photographers here have watermarks and/or copyright info on their images. What if they don't? Not that I would use a photo from anywhere for personal gain or anything.

I once took a web page development course (2005) and learned that if an image is copyrighted that as long as you link to it and copyright it on your web page that it is legal. Well I don't have a web site now to do this except the class web site (where I did do this in 2005). But what if I wanted to share a photo on another forum where you don't know the user's name but you do link to his/her image? Is this allowed and/or ethical?

I didn't see anything in the terms/agreements/faqs about this issue. Thanks for listening.

Unless arranged otherwise, all photographic images are copyright to the photographer the moment they are created. So you/we don't need to put a copyright symbol on them, for them to be copyrighted.

I once took a web page development course (2005) and learned that if an image is copyrighted that as long as you link to it and copyright it on your web page that it is legal
I'm not a lawyer so I can't really answer legal questions...but I'm not sure if that is legal, even if you give credit.

As far as this forum is concerned, we do not allow members to post photos that they have not taken.

Thanks Mike.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back