Where can I develop superpan 200 film?

picturesofyou12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have superpan 200 film that is black and white and says needs to be developed in the classic (tradition) black and white process. What does this mean? What kind of place can I develop this film at?

1) You may take it or send it to be developed any place that does traditional B&W. Try Dwayne's ( A trusted name in photo processing for over 50 years - Dwayne's Photo ) or you can Google for B&W specialty outfits.
2) You can purchase the needed equipment and chemicals and do it yourself, at home. Best buy a book on the subject and then Google for equipment and chemicals. It is easily done and not at all complicated, but it leaves you with only negatives that will require printing or scanning and printing to be of use.

The reason your film says that is because there are several types of film and each one uses its own set of chemicals.

You have:

Black and White
C-41 (traditional color)
E-6 (slide film)

Some places sell "black and white" film to be developed in C-41 chemistry. They do this so a one hour photo lab can still develop your film

Traditional black and white film will look better when developed then C-41 black and white, but it'll require a different chemistry and hence the warnings.

But if you go into your local photo shop chances are they can develop it -- but they may need to send it away

Most reactions

Back