Where did I go wrong? Im a n00b

I think that the shot of there birds is good, there in not enough dynamic range to expose everything correctly at once. You could have taken a second shot exposing for the trees and then use the two together in an HDR. But I like it how it is, the trees and the birds are both silhouettes and the sky is the only color. It has a nice continuity how it is.

Thanks everyone for the input it brings me comfort that out of all the film I have used this week two pictures came out nice :)

Noob or not noob ... when you want to talk about a photo you have taken, please present it in the galleries (I now moved the thread to the General Gallery) since The Beginners' Place is a Q&A-forum, ok?

And I don't feel you did anything wrong here, the sky (which is the most important part here) is rightly exposed, and against it the foreground trees HAD to become silhouetted. This is very normal. And I feel the cranes are placed in a perfect spot. With the 50mm lens, you could not have hoped to get any closer to them, but I just like how they are tiny dots in the big, wide evening sky.

Sure enough, the photo offers room for cropping, and if you feel you want to crop it SOME, hm-hm, it might look good. But don't crop in too much, and leave some of the trees at the bottom there.

Most reactions

Back