Where do epson manufacture their photo paper?

ciarandunlevy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, where do epson manufacture their photo paper or who makes it for them, I need to know where they get their polymers and resins that gives the surface its glossy texture for an art piece I am making.

Strange question...

Counldn't find anything specific to Epson, but Kaolinite is commonly used for that according to my quick search.

Wow, that stuff is used in a lot of things:
Wikipedia said:
Kaolin is used in ceramics, medicine, coated paper, as a food additive, in toothpaste, as a light diffusing material in white incandescent light bulbs, and in cosmetics. It is also used in most paints and inks. The largest use is in the production of paper, including ensuring the gloss on some grades of paper. Commercial grades of kaolin are supplied and transported as dry powder, semi-dry noodle or as liquid slurry.

A more recent, and more limited, use is as a specially formulated spray applied to fruits, vegetables, and other vegetation to repel or deter insect damage. A traditional use is to soothe an upset stomach, similar to the way parrots (and later, humans) in South America originally used it.[4] Until the early 1990s it was the active substance of anti-diarrhea medicine Kaopectate.

In April of 2008, the Naval Medical Research Center announced the successful use of a Kaolinite-derived aluminosilicate nanoparticles infusion in traditional gauze known commercially as QuikClot® Combat Gauze.

Unless there are Nikon empployees on this forumI think you would be better suited calling Nikon directly.

Unless there are Nikon empployees on this forumI think you would be better suited calling Nikon directly.
Do you mean Epson? ;)

Yes Epson. I musthave been thinking about something else. But yeah call Epson directly.

Where they get it, or even what they use would hardly be shared with everyone who decides to call up.

I think the approach here may be somewhat wrong. Rather than try and find out what Epson is using on paper consider what you are trying to achieve. For instance is your art piece a rigid body? Then clear acrylic or a spray on 2 pak coat would make a nice glossy shine.

Unless that is your art project is actually made from paper :)

Cheers folks great points there.
That really helped a lot and I'm not being sarcastic HA!!

Most reactions

Back