Where do I start learning?

jojinamazon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I've been interested in photography for quite a while now, and now that I have free time I can finally get into learning it. The problem is, I don't really know where to start. Can someone please give me any tips or suggestions?

Thank you so much!! :1247:

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Since you have asked - may I humbly suggest taking a look at my youtube photography course? PHOTO1x1 Free Photography Course
Here is a sample movie about aperture:

While there are many other options like community colleges, books (Derrel will sure chime in - he always has great suggestions for books) and online courses, the goal for my classes was to give people a very fast kick start without wasting anybodys time by talking and talking and talking ;).

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I've been interested in photography for quite a while now, and now that I have free time I can finally get into learning it. The problem is, I don't really know where to start. Can someone please give me any tips or suggestions?

Thank you so much!! :1247:
Hello, and welcome!

Be sure to read your user's manual, and learn the parts of your camera and what each one does.

There are books that go beyond the user's manual, and are camera specific.

There are lots of books about photography in general, and are usually available at your local public library.

Study art composition as well. Your library will have plenty of books on art.

And, of course, when you have questions about your own photography, post an image on here (in the appropriate forum) to get some help and feedback.

Check and see if there is a photography club in your area. They can be very helpful if there is a good one.

There are a ton of videos on line. B&H Photo has a lot of very good ones. Tony Northrup also has some good ones, particularly on basic photography.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome aboard.
There are a number of free, online classes; one being at Morguefile.
Once you start taking photos, be sure to post a few here and get some critique.

I'm a beginner too, i use free photoshop online for edit my pictures made by phone. I tried to used other applications, but they are too complicated. And here i have all tools that i need for skin retouching and colour collection. Is it okay, that its enough for me?

Most reactions

Back