What's new

Where is that mysteriously unavailable Tokina 16-28mm?

Offhand

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
3
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, where is this mythical beast? I'm looking for an ultrawide for my 5D and this looks like a good option, despite not being able to take filters. It's basically supposed to be a better version of the Nikon 14-24mm, which also doesn't take filters, but at $500 less. Initial reviews seemed to be all over the map from adoration to lukewarm and now it's impossible to find. A few are actually available on Amazon from Cameta but above retail. Everyplace else has it at $850 but are backordered. I have a 17-40 which is very good but too slow for what I need. And the Tokina comes in at just under a used 16-35mm I but with quality that supposedly matches and exceeds the 16-35mm II.

Is this lens really scarce because its new? Or are there problems that Tokina isn't mentioning.
 
Thanks, I saw those which are also at inflated prices and from overseas buyers so would be grey market. Plus customs headaches. I guess I was mostly interested in hearing scuttle about why so rare and if anybody has really used it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom