Where to get free web hosting?

Cero21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed a lot of you have websites where you display your pictures.

I was wondering where I can get free web hosting (no catches and no ads) so I create my own site to do the same thing.

I already have a domain name. I just need a web hosting service.

What do you use?

Thanks.

buy your own hosting... dreamhost.com $10 a month and you get hundreds of gigs of storage. No one gives you anything good for free. You probably spent a good deal on your gear, $10 a month is money well spent.

There are places you can get free hosting and they run annoying ads all over your site. godaddy.com and ipowerweb.com have cheap hosting. 100.00 a year or less including the domain name. Then if you want ads running on your site you can get paid for them.

If you have a fat internet connection and a computer that is on all the time go and buy a domain name and host it yourself. Or if you are cheap you can get a dynamic dns account for free from sites like www.yi.org or similar.

If you have a fat internet connection and a computer that is on all the time go and buy a domain name and host it yourself. Or if you are cheap you can get a dynamic dns account for free from sites like www.yi.org or similar.

Just make sure if you make your own server to make sure you have a static IP address because the IP address on the website that you buy will not change.

Just make sure if you make your own server to make sure you have a static IP address because the IP address on the website that you buy will not change.

you can go to dynamicdns.com and register your machine. When the IP address changes, it updates the DNS. A little program runs that updates the servers with your new IP every few minutes. I've been using it for almost a year now. Very cool.

you can go to dynamicdns.com and register your machine. When the IP address changes, it updates the DNS. A little program runs that updates the servers with your new IP every few minutes. I've been using it for almost a year now. Very cool.

Nice. I run many websites but not from my own computer for this reason. I knew that they must have came up with something like this. Thanks!

Keep in mind, if you're hosting your own, you've got to keep track of security updates and whatnot. I have a server running at home, but I keep the "important" stuff on hosted servers. If all you're wanting is somewhere to store pictures for posting elsewhere, you can get that for free from many places (I use flickr). But if you're running websites, it's probably worth the $5-10 a month to get something good. (I use Site5)

Wow morydd site5 looks like a wicked deal. When and if I decide to go ahead with my website idea I meant have to jump on board.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I pay $6.99/month from godaddy.com and get insane amounts of storage and bandwidth. I could get it a little cheaper if I bought it 6/12 months at a time but I pay month to month.

Wow morydd site5 looks like a wicked deal. When and if I decide to go ahead with my website idea I meant have to jump on board.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I am looking into this now, thanks to the poster for mentioning it orignally.

Most reactions

Back