Which Camera Would Be Best To Buy

My fault. It is $300 difference, not $400. Just the lens is $300 so it's not really a savings of anything.

Oh yeah I know eventually I will be wanting the more expensive ones but to start off with it would be worth getting the kit lens you know just to get my feet wet a little bit or would there be a better choice for about the money saved from getting the body only?

And I'm a bit confused, well not so much confused as I just don't know, but what does it mean that the "buffer fills faster."

in sports shooting mode where you want to hold the button down and continuous shoot, the D7000 will shoot 6 frames per second, but will fill in 2-3 seconds. Not good compared to D300S. When i compared cameras, the D7000 was the obvious choice, and price point wasn't a factor for me. Then again, sports is the last thing I do with mine.

Oh yeah I know eventually I will be wanting the more expensive ones but to start off with it would be worth getting the kit lens you know just to get my feet wet a little bit or would there be a better choice for about the money saved from getting the body only?

And I'm a bit confused, well not so much confused as I just don't know, but what does it mean that the "buffer fills faster."

in sports shooting mode where you want to hold the button down and continuous shoot, the D7000 will shoot 6 frames per second, but will fill in 2-3 seconds. Not good compared to D300S. When i compared cameras, the D7000 was the obvious choice, and price point wasn't a factor for me. Then again, sports is the last thing I do with mine.

Which means what exactly?

Stops shooting till buffer clears.

Yeah I was kinda thinking it was something like that but wasn't sure. I assume that I have to wait a few seconds before I can shoot again or what?

yea, its no big deal unless the ball is up in the air a few seconds and the cam fills right before the big catch...............

Yeah baseball shouldn't be as big a problem as something like basketball or football would be since it is SOOO SLOW but I could see how that would suck to miss a great shot because it fills too fast but I can't see that being worth the price difference.

If it was me, and I was choosing between a D300s and a D7000 and those were my only two options, I would go with a D300s.

Since I am me, and I am in a similar situation, I wouldn't pick either one. I will wait for the D700 replacement or, in the event that it isn't what I expected, go with the D700 when the prices drop to something more reasonable.

The D700 just too much for me right now. I'd rather get the D7000 and save for some glass.

Most reactions

Back