Which Camera?

A-Mećava

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a beginner but want a good camera. I have a simple digital camera but I want some more functions. I don't know which camera to buy.

Does anyone knows a good camera for beginners?
Thanx
(sorry for my bad English, it's not my first language(but my third))

That is quite a vague question. First off tell us you budget, what you want to shoot, how far you want to take your photography, and whether you want a P&S or DSLR. Then we can help you a lot.

My budget is maximum around 700 euros. I shoot landscapes(buildings,nature) and lots of portraits. I see photography as my hobby but later it may become my profession.

btw, what is an P&S and DSLR. I don't know a lot about it yet.

That's a pretty good budget. A P&S camera (point and shoot) is one that has one lens, while a DSLR or SLR has interchangeable lenses. It stands for Single Lens Reflex. SLRs provide you with usually better quality pictures because of various lenses. Each lens is designed for a specific job. One of the main advantages of SLRs I would say is that the lenses let in A LOT more light than a P&S. With your budget, you can probably buy one of the best P&S cameras. These would include the Canon S5/S3, some Fujifilms, Sonys, and Panasonic Lumixes. These are all built similar to SLRs, bigger body. For that money, you can get an SLR kit that will include the body and usually one or two lenses. Read more about photography and cameras in books and online. Narrow your decision down to P&S or SLR. I would suggest SLR, since it will provide you with all the functions possible (probably) and would help in further developing your skills.

If you're thinking this may eventually be a profession then I'd go with an SLR camera. For 700 Euro you should be able to get any entry level DSLR (Canon Rebel, Nikon D40 or D80, Sony A-100, etc.).

The general consensus on these models is that you just go to a store and play with them and determine which you like best. Whatever you buy you'll be happy with.

If you just go to Google or Yahoo and search for "DSLR Reviews" you'll get ALOT of information on the pros & cons of each model. That's where I started.

Most reactions

Back