hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
AFE07594-EB33-484D-84E2-B88B6DD3FE39.jpeg

BA64CF57-C9B2-47D2-945F-BA75FBA4E3E4.jpeg

Frankly, the retina-searing flare is the problem along with wide contrast. How you regard contrast would likely affect choice. I tried a couple overlapped ND filters to calm the tree and over-exposed background. Guess I'd vote for #2.

Frankly, the retina-searing flare is the problem along with wide contrast. How you regard contrast would likely affect choice. I tried a couple overlapped ND filters to calm the tree and over-exposed background. Guess I'd vote for #2.
The flare was on purpose.

The first one for me. I prefer the more saturated colours. I can see how you have lifted the steeple and church slightly in the second but it lacks a bit of contrast. If you are using photoshop, you could try reducing the output level of the highlights in Levels to kill some of the starburst glare then selectively lighten the steeple using the Shadows and Highlights tool and finally, add a bit of mid tone contrast (slider at the bottom of the same tool). I would leave the church building as is. Just a thought if it helps.

#1 for me. i like warm colors, but warm whites rarely work for me. the question is, which do you prefer?

#1 for me. i like warm colors, but warm whites rarely work for me. the question is, which do you prefer?
I’m torn. 1 is the original edit but I’m not crazy about the hard contrast of the shadows. I do tend to prefer warmer white balance.

Pastel image works better w/ what's going on in the image as a whole. A more commercial calendar or greeting card look.

I’m torn. 1 is the original edit but I’m not crazy about the hard contrast of the shadows. I do tend to prefer warmer white balance.
try a third edit. lower the contrast to your liking and warm up the white balance to suit your taste.

i like the contrast in the first, but there's some subtle halos around the foliage against the mountain and in the sky around the steeple. i find that happens in lightroom when you decrease the highlights a lot and increase the shadows a lot.

#2 emphasizes the church while #1 emphasizes the sun. Any preference I have right now could change after my next meal. If there was a group of pictures associated with them, that would probably make a decision for me.

Can’t really say why but I like #1 the best.

I like #2 because it appears softer. #1 looks like it's over processed.

Most reactions

Back