Which entry level DSLR???

stancho_75

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all skilled and helpful.
I have a niece of 14 years. She attended two years of workshop for photo enthusiasts. During this time, has appeared with my personal camera Canon PowerShot S3 IS. Her friend has a Canon 400D, so there is an idea and work with him. Must choose a DSLR camera from lower class and the necessary accessories for the beginner - bag, memory cards, filters, possibly extra battery, remote trigger, and what a find it necessary. I stopped on the Canon 1100D, Canon 600D or may be Nikon D3100. As every child loves to shoot whatever comes along and still is headed for something specific, perhaps portraits, sports / basketball / macro and landscape. I would be grateful to all who offer specific brands, models and possible links. Limit for the whole story is 500 pounds. Orders will be made in ebay.co.uk. Will be delivered in London.

Bought my daughter the canon 3t. Came with bag, 18-55, 4gb card, tripod, and a few filters. Think it was around 550.00. Nice starter setup for anyone.

Bought my daughter the canon 3t. Came with bag, 18-55, 4gb card, tripod, and a few filters. Think it was around 550.00. Nice starter setup for anyone.
Do you mean Canon Rebel T3 / EOS 1100D. Give me some link if you can, please.

Last edited:
Do you mean Canon Rebel T3 / EOS 1100D. Give me some link if you can, please.

Canon Rebel T3 is for the USA it name EOS T3 for UK

One of those packages you linked to would certainly do the job - you say your neice has been doing photography courses for two years, I'm guessing she would likely know which lens package would suit her.
The 1100 plus the 18-55 kit lens would be fine but the package with the tamron 70-300 included seems better value, and if she can make use of the zoom lens it would be well worth the extra hundred pounds.

Not sure on prices in the UK, but shop around, I'm a big fan of B&H out of the states - I noticed on the jessops website the memory card I use for 40 pounds, B&H sell for $15. Big difference (even though I'm in Oz) - there are some amazing deals to be had. Ebay can be good but I'd be wary buying memory cards from Ebay, and batteries are rarely the genuine item. Also have a look at Adorama, and the site sponsors here.

Most reactions

Back