Which External HD's running Raid 1 (@ least 2 TB)???

gl600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to get an external HD that has Raid 1 capability to back up all of my photo's. Does anyone have suggestions?

[I'm also looking for a portable external Hd with a built in card reader... it does not need to be able to view the photo's, just reliable]

Last edited:
why would you want it to be compatible with raid 1 ??.... im confused
that is rated as slow compared to todays hardward.

why would you want it to be compatible with raid 1 ??.... im confused
that is rated as slow compared to todays hardward.

I have not researched much. (I am all researched out as I have just bought a bunch of photo gear and have been researching stuff for close to a month now... blah!)
what would you suggest?

a 1tb sata external X2
It works out cheaper to buy a sata external enclosure that can house 1tb sata drive then buy hdd urself and instal it "2 cables"

then buy a second one hehe ;)

a 1tb sata external X2
It works out cheaper to buy a sata external enclosure that can house 1tb sata drive then buy hdd urself and instal it "2 cables"

Can you please send me a link to "a 1tb sata external X2"

I also did not fully understand what it is cheaper than:meh:

(I remind you that I have not researched whats out there. :))

I was looking at something like
LaCie 2TB Hard Disk MAX Dual Drive RAID External Hard Drive

sorry, i will re-explane.

its cheaper to buy the components yourself and put it together than it is to buy the equipment ready made.

here is the 2 things you will need .

THE HARD DRIVE You will need 2 of these
&
THE ENCLOSURE you will need one of these.

its very simple to install, no software needed

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Your running USB but its running sata internally. which is good stuff ;)

buy the best you can afford, with today's tech you wont be disappointed.
make sure it has a good guarantee ;)

sorry, i will re-explane.

its cheaper to buy the components yourself and put it together than it is to buy the equipment ready made.

here is the 2 things you will need .

THE HARD DRIVE You will need 2 of these
&
THE ENCLOSURE you will need one of these.

its very simple to install, no software needed

And I can run Raid 1 on them?

Raid 1 is the term used for 2 hard drives runnig in series to create a quick transfer rate between themselves and the pc/mac

but the term "raid" is lately loosely used and is sometimes used to describe any 2 hard drives that are connected together.

as long as the data transfer speed is above 200MBps the transfer will always be faster than needed (the ones i posted can handle 300MBps) MegaBitsPerSecond

most computers cant handle more than 150MBps so i wouldn't worry about what kinda speed they run at... if you ever see them running at 300MBps whilst working ith photos i would be amazed as speeds of that sort are only seen during video editing.

I'm really looking for one HD to mirror the other, I thought that it's called Raid1

yeah your correct

Most reactions

New Topics

Back