Which flash would you buy?

Jethro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really want to buy a flash for my 7D and have these three options:

New 430EX II (around 300$)
used 580EX I (around 300$) - if I get this one will the new stuff like cables, external triggers and other things be compatible with it?
used 580EX II (around 400-450$)

used lenses are in good condition without any performance problems, they might only have some scratches on their bodies.

which one would you get? I am lost, help me please :(
(currently I can't afford a new 580EX II and obviously they're not selling new EX I anymore)

Of those three, I would spring for the 580exII. I bought a 430exII and sometimes wish I had a bit more power. That said, for the cost of canon you can get several third party flashes. Yongnuo has a new ettl flash that seems to be getting great reviews. They also have full manual flashes for even less money. I would suggest having at least one ettl flash. Good luck!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Depends on what I would be using it for, but I have bought a used 580EXII and it has come in handy for on-camera work. Paid $375 I think, with original packaging/manual.

Definitely the 580EX II. You shoud be able to find it way cheaper.

--
Sent from my CyanogenMod-powered TouchPad.

I love my 580 ex. You can find them used, check ebay, Amazon, Fred Miranda, and POTN. Your 7D will trigger all three of those without any cables or triggers.

The sponsor add right above your post lists the 580 ex II for $369 from 18 different sellers.

Thanks everyone :) I see the flashes are cheaper in the US but add the shipping costs to Europe and I think the price will be the same as here :/
As for the ads, I use Adblock so no ads :D

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks everyone :) I see the flashes are cheaper in the US but add the shipping costs to Europe and I think the price will be the same as here :/
As for the ads, I use Adblock so no ads :D

True, If you can hold out, get the 580 ex II. You won't regret it and you won't out grow it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back