Which laptop would work better for photo/video editing?

I heard many people own a mac and highly rating it. I am still using PC though

I wouldn't go with a laptop. I purchased one in January and now have big regrets. I didn't think about the screen having angle issues. If you turn it up or down slightly, then your colors. lighting, etc changes dramatically. I have the HP Pavilion dv7-4285dx with the big screen and it is still too small to properly edit with. I was originally thinking portability. Now, I am thinking of editing and clarity, and true colors, etc. A laptop just doesn't have it. Go for a desktop or use a large monitor with your laptop via HDMI cable. No matter how big I get my image on my laptop, it still isn't big enough to edit with. Hope this helps!

You really can't edit photos effectively on a laptop with a standard display. I hear that an IPS display is good for editing. Though, I've never used one, and there are very few laptops that have them. I love a laptop, personally. I just ordered a Toshiba today, and I will eventually be getting a separate IPS display to replace my old CRT for editing.

I have a macbook pro (13in) and can edit on a external monitor. The smaller size makes it easier for travel.

I say it's personal preference...I personally own a Apple Macbook Pro 13'' laptop that I love to use for every day use and use for transferring photographs that I have taken from Nikon Coolpix L110. If you haven't done so try going to a local Apple store in your area or go to Best Buy and see if they have any Apple iMac's or Macbook Pro's for sale in their computer section in the store. I say go for it.

Most reactions

Back