which lens?

Pentaxian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a budget telephoto lens. I've been looking at a couple different lenses. the tamron 70-300 LD Di f/4-5.6, and the phoenix 100-400 f/4.5-6.7. which lens is best? is there a better one?
I'm planning on using this lens for wildlife photography.

If you have to go with one of those, the Tamron is better, hands down. However, It's still going to be getting really soft at 300mm. This is not a lens that's very well suited to wildlife photography, precisely because it's going to soften so much at longer focal lengths. This is also because it's optically uncorrected.

Now I know you said budget. But if you're serious about getting into wildlife photography, you would be very well served to look at the Sigma 135-400mm f/4.5-5.6 DG RF APO Aspherical. Now that's a lens that would be suited to wildlife work. It weighs in at $525 here (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CH0PXI?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=dealtime-ce-feed-20&linkCode=asn). I know it's a lot more than those guys, but in the grand scheme of things it's not horribly expensive. It's just a better, sharper, faster lens. Take a good, long look at it.

I guarantee you will find that the softness of the 70-300's is noticeable.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
whats the lowest price I can get on the sigma 135-400?

Aside from eBay, that $525 at amazon was the cheapest I saw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back