Which lensbaby is the right one for me?

wise

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After seeing through a lot of pictures made with a lensbaby I finally decided to get one myself. But I am still not sure which one. First I thought the lensbaby composer, `cause I saw some amazing photos with it and it seems to be easy to handle. Then I thought maybe the control freak, `cause I`d also like to try some macro shots (they say at the lensbaby homepage that it`s suitable for tabletop and macro photography). And now finally I saw some really amazing pictures with the original lensbaby to which the Muse would be closest. After all they all seem to be good. Can you tell me where exactly is the difference between these three, especially in style?

Hmm, ok. But where exactly is the difference between muse and the others. I mean what`s the difference in style? I saw some pictures in which the lens added a notion of speed/movement whereas in other pictures there`s simply the sharp sweet spot and the blurred environment.
And one more question to the Muse: Isn`t it annoying that you can`t fix it?

Bah, I would not waste good money on a lensbaby. There is nothing that they do that I cannot do in PP for free.

3088269920_493168250f.jpg

Besides, that effect makes me motion sick... LOL

I know that. But first of all I don`t have PP. And second I think it`s not quite the same.

And I just "wasted" my money on a lensbaby composer.
Thanks for your advice. The matter is settled. :wink:

I have the Lensbaby 2.0 version, which is Muse-ish I guess. Never used it too much due to the crop factor on my 40D. Now with the FF 5D though, it is a different ballgame.
I enjoy using it a lot more and plan on getting the Composer after the new year. More for the refined focusing and repeatability it provides.
The effects they provide are unique. You can do it in post-production using a few filters, but it takes some doing. A bit more than just Gaussian blur and Motion blur.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back