Which manual SLR do u recommend?

DocFrankenstein

Clinically Insane?
Reaction score
After experimenting with a digital camera, I would like to get into film photography.

I will probably be getting a digital rebel in a year or two, so it would have to be compatible with rebel's lens.

Basically, what are my choices? I would like a body with fully manual functions. Buying something "old" or "used" is welcome, cause I'm on a budget. But if it's worth the money I could shell out for the new body.

Thanks

Hmmm, I don't think there are any manuals that have lenses that would work with the current lenses. Does it have to be manual?

SLR_GUY said:
Hmmm, I don't think there are any manuals that have lenses that would work with the current lenses. Does it have to be manual?
I may be using the wrong terminology, since I am very new to all this.

By manual I mean that it should have:

Manual focus ring on the lenses
Manual aperture ring on the lenses
Manual shutter time on the body

Canon Rebel 2000 would be a good choice if you are going to get a Canon DSLR in the future. It has all of the Auto features and can be set manually as well. Nikon also has a SLR camera that the lenses will fit on the D70.

Canon was the first company to drop the aperture ring on the lens, but you can still set the aperture manually with the buttons on the body. I'd go with a Rebel of some sort, then you can use the lenses on both cameras, and probably some other accessories too.

Check out the canon rebel Ti. Beautiful camera. I just got one a couple days ago and have been thrilled with it. Like ksmattfish said, aperature and everything else for that matter, can be set very easily with the buttons and the LCD screen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back