Which olympus PS has good reputation?

DocFrankenstein

Clinically Insane?
Reaction score
My brother is going to some 3 day camp thing next week and we want to give him a camera. My D rebel is out of the question (He's 12) and my mom won't allow me to give him S1 IS either. :roll:

I've heard very good things about an Olympus film point and shoot. Good optics, reliable... etc... It's about or under 50 bucks I think.

What model is it?

The Olympus Stylus Epic was about $70 or $80 last time I checked. Small like a bar of soap that's been showered with a few times. No zoom lens, but the 35mm lens it has is very sharp. Easy to use. Spot meter. It's my favorite P&S; the only problem is the flash is close to the lens so red-eye is a problem, but all P&S are like this.

Yes Yes, The Stylus Epic. Get one and be happy. I love mine with passion. (Well, almost). One rugged piece of tough cookie, a true sleeper. For the flash problem, try to turn it off before shooting, it has a f2.8 prime lens so be prepared to get tons of present surprises from the amazing night, no-flash shots that are taken from this tiny cam. You will be amazed. Oh almost forgot, get the black one. It looks so much cooler. 8)

Thank you. That thing is a bit too expensive. :S

I guess I'll get him a fully manual camera or something like Rebel Ti with kit lens.

DocFrankenstein said:
Thank you. That thing is a bit too expensive. :S

I guess I'll get him a fully manual camera or something like Rebel Ti with kit lens.

I'm confused. A Rebel Ti has got to cost 3 or 4 times as much as a Stylus Epic. Olympus Stylus PNS with zoom lenses are more expensive, but the Epic has a fixed focal length 35mm lens.

Most reactions

Back