Which photo should I choose for a contest?

buto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't decide which one to choose to submit for an open theme photo contest... :confused: Can you help?

http://amateurphotomag.com/members/buto/profile

P.S. There is no particular theme for the contest... Which photo catches your eyes best?

Thanks to all for your input! It helps a lot. Surprisingly the Penitentiary photo, which is personally not my favorite, is rated highest and I will go with it. Thanks for all suggestions...

Last edited:
What is the contest? You have 15 shots there with varying subjects - we can't really pick one without knowing what they're looking for...

Also, make sure you read the terms of the contest (carefully). Some contests are nothing more than a way for them to get the rights to use your photo (even if you don't win).

I like the black and white Penitentiary Photo :).

Two things, as Josh has said, we need to know what the theme is and most people are not going to do your work for you - pick three or four that you like that reflect the theme of the contest, post them and get opinions, but remember it is not us folks who are entering the contest and I would submit that you shouldn't let others dictate your entry - I sure would not let people tell me what to enter in a contest. You need to have enough personal confidence in your own work to feel good about some of the images you have suggested we look at, to ask for opinions, but that is about all you should be looking for - opinions - and remember, everyone's will be slightly different - get ten comments, and you will get ten different opinions (more or less) - so go for it - pick your best three or four and post them - you may be surprised at the response you get and maybe you won't - my 0.02¢

Cheers,

WesternGuy

P.S. I also agree with Josh's second comment - be careful what you enter - if you have a really good image, you may be signing away your rights to just about any future usage - this is one reason that I do not enter a lot of contests, they want rights to my image, whether or not I win and they want to be able to do just about anything with my image in perpetuity - be careful what you sign. :mrgreen:

I like Old Study the best, but Penitentiary evokes a really strong emotional reaction in me (discomfort).

I say either the first The baroque room or Penitentiary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back