Which PocketWizards for AlienBee800 & Nikon D80

kric2schaam626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Could someone tell me which Pocket Wizard transmitter and receiver would go best with the Alien Bee 800 and Nikon D80? I am pretty confused about what goes with what. I am ready to spend the money for them, I just do not want to purchase the wrong things! Thanks!! :lol::lmao:

In studio get the PW II. It's all you need. If you are going to be shooting where there are lots of other shooters with their own setups then get the multi-max for the expanded channels... Or you could go with the Cyber Syncs system made for Alienbees. Lots of users have them and are very pleased with the results.

You dont need to spend a whole bunch of money on PW's if you don't have too. Are you planning on using the lights outside? Or studio style? There are cheaper routes.

You dont need to spend a whole bunch of money on PW's if you don't have too. Are you planning on using the lights outside? Or studio style? There are cheaper routes.

I have used the Pocket Wizards and a couple of friends who each have their own photography business recommend them. I will be using them primarily outside.

Just a suggestion. PW's are supposedly fantastic, so I will not be dissing them. However, I have been using the PCB Cybersync triggers for a while and they have yet to fail me.

AlienBees - CyberSync™ System

I second (third?) the cybersync system... It's been very reliable for me, and I generally have strict deadlines for photoshoots, so unreliable gear is not an option...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back