What's new

Which "twilight" photo looks better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonuser

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 7, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Location
old yeller
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Title says it all. Would love to get the pro's opinions on this one. Btw, both have been scaled down quite a bit. Thanks!

Option 1
Photo removed due to copyright issue.

Option 2
TWILIGHT.webp
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#2 no brainer
 
#2. Colors are just wrong on #1, and it looks like it's been HDR'd to death.
 
Yup - #2 seems to be the pick
 
I like the HDR effect for #1. I like the soft colors for both the home and sky. You might try cropping in the left and bottom some to see if that eliminates too much driveway. #2 is too plain and the home is squished, no breathing room. The sky looks like it might have been cloned in becasue of its huge amount of blurriness. Nice shots.
 
#2 for me, the first picture somehow looks like a sample model from a smartshow 3d slideshow of a housing market nearby that your real estate agent shows you the first time you meet them :lol: Though the sky in the first picture is really pretty, I love the colors.
 
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Photo #2 is my shot. I'm new to real estate photography, but wanted to attempt a twilight photo. I feel like it is a bit of a tight shot, but I also wanted to leave out the house to the right of it.

Photo #1 was done by a professional media company.
 
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Photo #2 is my shot. I'm new to real estate photography, but wanted to attempt a twilight photo. I feel like it is a bit of a tight shot, but I also wanted to leave out the house to the right of it.

Photo #1 was done by a professional media company.
#1 is a better photo if you're using photos to sell a house. Home buyers want to see into the shadows and all details. Most real estate sales pictures use a lot of HDR or at least lighting that shows everything.

If you notice, in your shot, the tree blocks the third car garage. It looks like a two car garage home, rather than three. That's something a buyer would like to see. Your shot is more artsy rather than a sales brochure type of photo. If you're trying to sell a house, not a picture, the photography is different.
 
#1 is a better photo if you're using photos to sell a house. Home buyers want to see into the shadows and all details. Most real estate sales pictures use a lot of HDR or at least lighting that shows everything.

Alan pretty much nailed it. The only other comment I have, is did anyone else notice that the angle makes it look like the whole right side of the house is a fake facade, especially with the light in the windows matching the sky in the background.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom