What's new

Which "twilight" photo looks better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Alan and smoke. Parts of the second one look over-edited for my tastes. The seperation between the center and the right parts of the building are lost with, what looks like smoothing. I see the same thing is pseudo-HDR when over-processed and there are a lot of haloing.

As far as the sky, I've seen both sets of colors at sunset, so a toss-up for me. I do prefer the vertical angle on the second one, showing more of the roof.
 
Regardless of which photo we like I think for "Real Estate" photography you need the colors to match as closely as possible to what you are going to see in person. These 2 photos are light years apart in color so what does the actual house look like unaltered? I mean if it looks like photo # 1 and yet I only saw photo # 2 on the listing I would be questioning if I arrived at the wrong house.
 
Last edited:
Photo #1 was done by a professional media company.
@snowbear and I both missed this earlier. Do you own the copyright to photo #1? It is strictly against forum rules to post an image that isn't yours. You can delete it and post a link to the page it came from.
 
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Photo #2 is my shot. I'm new to real estate photography, but wanted to attempt a twilight photo. I feel like it is a bit of a tight shot, but I also wanted to leave out the house to the right of it.

Photo #1 was done by a professional media company.
Admin update - Removing the copyright photo. You can edit your post to include a link instead.
 
@snowbear and I both missed this earlier. Do you own the copyright to photo #1? It is strictly against forum rules to post an image that isn't yours. You can delete it and post a link to the page it came from.
Thank you for the info, and thank you to @SquarePeg for removing the photo in order to be in compliance with that forum rule I missed.
 
Once again, I sincerely appreciate the feedback given here.

To be clear, the photos were more about the twilight editing process, and not so much about composition. The title is vague, so I can understand why other photography fundamentals were commented on.

Overall, I personally think both photos had pros and cons that I could point out (which some of you did).

So, overall, excellent feedback, and I greatly appreciate you all taking the time to provide it.
 
Thank you for the info, and thank you to @SquarePeg for removing the photo in order to be in compliance with that forum rule I missed.
No problem, happens frequently. Just an FYI there are Royalty Free/creative commons sites out there. Or as stated earlier you can copy through link address of the image and share the link to copyrighted images.
 
Locked; OP hasn't returned.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom