While My Guitar Gently Weeps...

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these last night while preparing for a physics test...go figure. Anyway, please comment and tell me what should/could have been done...I'd greatly appreciate some feed back. This was an extremely low light setting...so I was forced to resort to stacking pillows 2 and 3 high... :)

(BTW- Yes, it's only a Squier...I am an acoustic guy. Also, I changed the keys to be positioned for the photography...it's usually tuned. :mrgreen: )

Thanks for looking. :)

M @ k o said:
Nice Strat. Well composed guitar shots. The tone looks... 70ish. Cool!

Haha, that's a bit ironic, being that I was born in the late 80's. :lol:

how bizzare is the fact that thats the song i was listening to when i saw this thread.... hmm

spike5003 said:
how bizzare is the fact that thats the song i was listening to when i saw this thread.... hmm

I was listening to it while I was posting...crazy. :)

Nice shots...maybe try to crop out left half of #4, leaving the posts. Just a thought.

Yes, it's only a Squire, but those cheap-o guitars are sometimes the most interesting to play. I have a $75 beater acoustic that is surprisingly good -- sometimes better than my much more expensive guitars!

Anyway, I'm sure you learned some physics while stacking all those pillows, right? :)

First, I really like some of those. Just crop out the pillows a bit more though.

Second,
Middlemarch said:
Yes, it's only a Squire, but those cheap-o guitars are sometimes the most interesting to play. I have a $75 beater acoustic that is surprisingly good -- sometimes better than my much more expensive guitars!

And in 20 years or so that cheap-o will be worth a lot! My hubby has an old Sears special electric and uncle gave to him. We took it into a guitar shop looking for a replacement knob (still have the original - but it was that old rubber/plastic stuff and had yellowed with time). The instructor saw it on the counter - started to pick it up reverently and then turned around and asked across the room "whose guitar is this?" We didn't want to sell it so we never got to a price haggle but that guy just kept staring at the guitar. Nostalgia is worth a lot to some folks.

LizM said:
First, I really like some of those. Just crop out the pillows a bit more though.

I know what you mean...I was thinking about taking them out. On some, though, I think the contrasting lines really bring more out of the picture...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back