White BG butterflies

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
soooooo, i went to the Amsterdam zoo, hadn't been there for a while. And one of the things i always do there, is visit the Butterfly exhibit. I probably have a picture of every species of butterfly that floats around there. So it was time for something new. I had one piece of white paper in one hand and my camera with the flash and lumiquest softbox in the other. I had too try and get the piece of paper behind the butterfly and then try to focus the camera with the other. I soon noticed that the 50D is pretty heavy when you sit there like that for a few minutes, but im rather pleased that it worked out in some shots :)
Here are some of them:
Artis555.jpg

Artis556.jpg

Artis557.jpg

Artis558.jpg

Artis559.jpg

Artis560.jpg

Artis561.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Gorgeous pics! May I ask which lens you're using and how you like it?

Thanks for the kind words :D
These are shot with a Canon 50D, Sigma 105 2.8 macro and a Speedlite 430X with a lumiquest softbox on it. Im really pleased with the Sigma. Offcourse you can still see some difference with a Canon lens, but overall its a pretty good lens. So im happy with it :)

Wow those are some awesome captures. If those were mine even though i didnt have anywhere to hang em id still get em framed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back