white flower

wesley cudney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
white flower in my front yard
whiteflower.jpg

i'm going to be pretty honest with this. it's not even close to being up to par with the other shots you've recently posted. your description fits this shot perfectly, which is a darn shame. that's exactly what it looks like, some flower you have in your yard that you just snapped a photo of. i see how the composition might be considered good, but only in the sense that it doesnt have the flower in the exact center of the photo. a closeup version would have been better, or at least something a little more creative, maybe abstract. many many many people take photos of flowers, and i've realized (from countless failures) that it is very hard to take a good flower photo that can be considered good for not just it's technical qualities, but also for it's artistic qualities. i got fed up with flowers though, so i havent tried getting back into that. as for the tech aspects, the background is distracting (although the shallow DoF is good), and it might be slightly overexposed (the colors look very nice though). sorry if this was rude or anything, i certainly dont mean it to be.

moved to the general gallery for not complying with critique guidelines. please read the PM i sent you earlier. thanks, Jon

hey thanks man, no offence at all. it is slightly over exposed yes and it is a flower haha, just getting some feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back