gpardo64

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
White Solitude

For this week assignment we got a picky lady who wanted 2 flower related shots with tons of restrictions:

-No Macros
-Indoors (not wild flowers)
-Same flower in both the shots
-Portrait

Basically this lady wanted something different of those typical outdoor shots showing flowers just because spring has sprung!. She has character ah?

I picked a rose for this assignment because even though this flower is really common I think is the most beautiful flower (look my avatar :blushing:). I picked it white to help me out with my work.

The Data:

Both D5000, 18-55 mm, ISO 320 and tripod. A flashlight was used for lighting.

#1: 1/45, f/8.0
#2: 1/6, f/8.0

4528972382_297845b0ee.jpg
4528973132_fa8806cd8e.jpg

With all those restriction I figured that lady is kind of lonely woman which doesn't like to be outdoors, so for that reason my setup.

My Question

Do you think she'll accept and buy the pictures?. Any other comment will be appreciated.

Last edited:
I love #2 the little reflesction on the 2nd leaf starting from the bottom is nice keep it up :D

Ah didnt really look at your question. I would personally buy it.. I think considering she is the lady you described she will. :D

nicee! i would buy it.

I like them, especially #2. I think the lighting is dramatic and you got the lonely feeling you were looking for. If you got her personality right I think it's sold.

My nits are:
-I think the two pictures are a little too similar in composition, almost like mirroring each other, even though the lighting is different.
-Perhaps use a little less empty space/tighter crop.
-I think this would have been a good candidate for spraying with a mist to form water droplets for added drama

Here's my take on an edit of #2, taking out the bottom leaf and changing the crop a little.
4533260150_3ff99372ff_o.jpg

Thanks everyone for the feedback I am glad you'll be accepting and buying the shots!....

I agree with the edit shown by pharmakon, it makes the composition better and balanced.

4528972382_297845b0ee.jpg

I love the effect of seeing just the top of the rose. Maybe taking the lower portion of the shot and blacken out the barely visible portion of the stem.
This flower looks like it is moving forward towards the viewer....very creative. The offwhite color with the white works very well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back