What's new

Whixall Moss

The second much better as that would be a natural angle of view. Great clouds, they make the picture.
 
horizon isn't level in #2
 
#2 is pretty interesting.
 
no.2 is really nice. no 1 is too much for me.
 
Where's the moss?
 
Where's the moss?

Whixall. On the border between England and Wales. Its a nature reserve where my grandad, great grandad and great great grandad all worked.
 
The first looks downright underexposed.
It need not undergo any HDR treatment, but you should tonemap it some more. There is a tad too little "moss" (the ground) to be seen, too little anchor for the sky to "hold on to", as it were, and what there is is waaaay too dark.
No big fan of most HDRs, so that version is not cutting it with me even though I do admit the sky was dramatic!
 
I don't know. Both pictures lack a strong subject to keep my interest.


I should be going again soon so ile work on the focal points :D Im new to landscape shots and I often get amazed by the sky and forget about something to focus on
 
I don't know. Both pictures lack a strong subject to keep my interest.
thats was my initial thoughts as well, the clouds alone dont offer enough to hold interest very long, your second image is better but I tend to agree with lafoto and that the processing is a tad strong for my tastes,, keep shooting !! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom