Who Likes To Photograph Waterfalls?

Dingman Creek, Poconos, Maryland.

dingman_creek.jpg

Another one from NC mountains, this one is probably near Brevard. I've shot so many over the past half century I've forgotten all their names.

Falls_.jpg

Palouse Falls in eastern Washington

20130409_313a.jpg

Looking downstream

20130409_323b.jpg

I so want to shoot that. I plan to get it next summer.

Great shots. Thank you very much.

I do and there's a couple a short drive from me I should really make the effort to go to more often.

Can I recommend you go in the spring, roughly between mid-April and early June? The reason being, the Palouse River's level falls after spring runoff, and by mid-summer the volume of water going over the falls is much less than in the spring.

The spring is also when the Palouse region is at its most beautiful, with young wheat turning the rolling hills into inconceivable shades of green. Some examples -

20130409_222b-1.jpg

20130409_129a.jpg

Can I recommend you go in the spring, roughly between mid-April and early June? The reason being, the Palouse River's level falls after spring runoff, and by mid-summer the volume of water going over the falls is much less than in the spring.

The spring is also when the Palouse region is at its most beautiful, with young wheat turning the rolling hills into inconceivable shades of green. Some examples -

20130409_222b-1.jpg

20130409_129a.jpg

Those are beautiful photos.

We are neighbors. I'm in Mukilteo. I was born and raised in Seattle.

You're right about the spring, water levels and color. The colors in the spring are very beautiful while in the summer it will be mostly brown.

I do and there's a couple a short drive from me I should really make the effort to go to more often.

Yes you should go photograph them. If it gets cold where you are, they are cool frozen.

More Niagara Falls, Canadian side

I keep meaning to spend time photographing Niagara Falls.

Thank you for posting that.

Very nice photo.

I did a partial fall as just above is a man made pond which bringing Camera up or out wider I could see park cars on the street and utility poles so a shorty fall it is.
fullsizeoutput_2d.jpeg

Yes you should go photograph them. If it gets cold where you are, they are cool frozen.

Yes, they are very cool frozen, in fact so cool, they freeze:D

Seriously tho, one set is more like fast flowing rapids with a drop over a short distance the other is a proper waterfall. I've posted some old pics of them but I'm away from my PC so can't dig them out. As stated tho I need to get back there and get some new ones.

IMG_0519.jpg

Tennessee tiny waterfall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back