Who still uses the "Internet Explorer' internet Browser?

Here are the browser stats for people who visit my blog (Opera is so high because that's what I use)

189 37.80% Firefox 2.0.0
108 21.60% Opera 9.24
105 21.00% MSIE 7.0
71 14.20% MSIE 6.0
21 4.20% Safari 1.2
3 0.60% Camino 1.5.3
1 0.20% Firefox 1.5
1 0.20% Opera 9.25
1 0.20% Firefox 1.5.0

firefox here, also use opera (have to, some reason windblows live mail doesn't work in ff)

lol I did use Safari on my mac....until it stopped working with hotmail. I can't say I'll miss it...cause firefox has all the same features plus addons.

Safari works fine on a Mac with Hotmail.. Other "PCs" at home use Firefox. Work forces us to use IE crap. On occasion, I use lynx.

firefox here, also use opera (have to, some reason windblows live mail doesn't work in ff)

Its the same reason why others are also having problems. They made updates that are causing issues but I noticed that things have improved within the last week or so. Attempting logins from www.hotmail.com directly would cause an endless loop or things would just fail (worked around by going through www.msn.com instead). Other times, www.msn.com had issues when clicking on the "hotmail' link. I'm not sure.. but it was some sort of issue with refreshing stale security cookies (worked around by logging out and going through a re-login).

As I said.. I noticed better improvements over the past week or so.

Firefox @ home
IE @ work...where I spend half my day telling customers to switch to Firefox so it'll run the company's website.

I think I said when this thread first started that I was probably going to have to switch back to Firefox from Opera because I was having issues with gmail....they seem to have cleared up. I am STICKING with Opera. Love it. There are so many features that I just can't seem to give up!

i read a few of the first posts on here and decided to skip through most of the rest because i figured i'd get mad as i'm sure there is plenty of "my browser is better than yours" bull$hiz so i'll just post my thoughts.

I still use IE because i like it more than all the other browsers i've used. I find it very simple and easy to use. All my favorites are where they're suppose to be and it plays well with vista. I tried firefox and opera for a while (as well as the windows version of safari, wich was FAR from perfect... ) and i just always end up coming back to IE. I used to think firefox was faster than IE , but on my current setup, i feel like IE is just as fast or faster than FF. I still have firefox on my desktop, but i just dont really use it. I think it opens slower on my computer than IE as well. one thing i like most about IE over firefox is that to open a new tab, you just click the tab button instead of having to use a key combo or find that option on the menu. I'm not a microsoft fanboy or anything, and i'm open to new programs if theres a better way to do things, but for me, IE has been the best program i've used so far. I loved the screen fonts used in Safari , but it kept crashing on me. If they could fix that and add a "new tab" button, i'd switch over in a heartbeat.

still using firefox. at home and at work.

also, still using thunderbird for email :)

Its the same reason why others are also having problems. They made updates that are causing issues but I noticed that things have improved within the last week or so. Attempting logins from www.hotmail.com directly would cause an endless loop or things would just fail (worked around by going through www.msn.com instead). Other times, www.msn.com had issues when clicking on the "hotmail' link. I'm not sure.. but it was some sort of issue with refreshing stale security cookies (worked around by logging out and going through a re-login).

As I said.. I noticed better improvements over the past week or so.

nah, still borked here - the only reason i have stupid hotmail is i've always had it

The primary Browser on this computer is IE but I use Firefox, it's a pain in the back side when ever I try opening a link from an IM or some software, It by default tries to open it with IE and I can't change it as it's not my computer.

The primary Browser on this computer is IE but I use Firefox, it's a pain in the back side when ever I try opening a link from an IM or some software, It by default tries to open it with IE and I can't change it as it's not my computer.

I KNOW!!!! That is SOOO annoying!!!! I have tried everything I can to figure out how to make it open in Opera, or even Firefox for that matter....but NOOOOOOO. So, I have gotten in the habit of copy and pasting links from my IM boxes into a new browser of MY choosing.

I KNOW!!!! That is SOOO annoying!!!! I have tried everything I can to figure out how to make it open in Opera, or even Firefox for that matter....but NOOOOOOO. So, I have gotten in the habit of copy and pasting links from my IM boxes into a new browser of MY choosing.

It's a matter of resetting the primary browser on the computer, If it's your computer you can do that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back