Who thinks this is real?

Jdub777

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my friend posted this on fb the other day...Its amazing but i cant help but thinking theres no way its real!

20862_435579408383_659363383_574540.jpg

Anything is possible... However i do understand why you are skeptical about this photos legitimacy. To me it looks processed...

lol who's eye is that, they look baked.

It's just sharpened. They really DO look like that up close. It's kinda creepy.

I'm a believer...just took a picture of my eye...kinda hard to know if its in focus when I have the camera pointed at my eye but one turned out decent enough to see that they really do look like that,....thanks for sharing this and "opening my eyes"

It's just sharpened. They really DO look like that up close. It's kinda creepy.
I'm a believer...just took a picture of my eye...kinda hard to know if its in focus when I have the camera pointed at my eye but one turned out decent enough to see that they really do look like that,....thanks for sharing this and "opening my eyes"

haha for sure man! I wish my eyes look like that, they are just brown :( it reminds me a lot of pink floyd

To prove it, here's that photo that turned out...remember...I put my P&S on Macro turned the lens towards my eye and without seeing whether is was in focus or not, captured this:

Eye.jpg

And if you can't tell by my skin color, I'm a chi-mukomaan

ya I can kind of see the spider web lines, so to speak.

I'm pretty sure the photo you posted was post-processed in some fashion to "dramatify" the look, but the actual lines like that are definitely there...wee...that was fun.

i'm sure its real..just processed and really close up.

eyes are an awesome subject! there all different and unique!

its just hard to imagine walking down the street and suddenly seeing those eyes looking at you. I mean i always thought blue eyes with that dark blue border are the most beautiful eyes colors but this takes the cake for sure.

Gah I've got to try this now! Eyes are suddenly far more interesting again!

ps I'm sure my sister will hate you now (I can't do it to myself the lens I'm going to use has no AF what so ever to get a lock on so it needs someone behind the camera to set it off.

edit = on the editing front I suspect its a small aperture mixed with contrast and probably highpass sharpening to get a deeper look into the structure. Also I suspect its greater than 1:1 macro - so could be any kind of reversed lens; diopter; extension tubes or even the MPE being used.

I vote real, but PP'd. Is that a ring flash of some kind I see in the reflection?

No I think that is a single (maybe reflected as well) speedlite or popup flash. A ringflash would have given a circular halo of light, whilst in this we can see a clear rectangle of light. The weaker rectangle on the other side of the eye might be a reflection within the eye structure or a reflector used by the photographer to bounce light so that both sides of the eye got even illumination.

Most reactions

Back