What's new

WHO WANTS CAKE???

sinjans

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Location
Newfoundland, Canada (yes by')
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just playing with the new glass at a birthday party. I'm still afraid to use it much because it needs a filter to complete its sealing from the elements/cake icing.
 

Attachments

  • $BOWL.webp
    $BOWL.webp
    303.3 KB · Views: 149
Here's another.

I was handheld for obvious reasons using the on camera external flash with a white card attacched. Photos were taken using with the 17-40f/4 L. I dont like the shadows much but until i get a softbox im not sure how to take these aany better. I would love some advice.
 

Attachments

  • $m1.webp
    $m1.webp
    263.8 KB · Views: 99
Is the flash off camera? It looks like it is.
I think a ceiling or wall bounce would give it a softer look with the shadows. It looks like you pointed at the subjects and at a pretty dramatic angle which is causing the shadows.

I just got a speedlight myself so thats all the knowledge i can give :)

But nice shots. Kids eating/making a mess is always an interesting subject.

-Gian
 
Thanks. Flash was on camera but i was in close. In Hindsight i should haave bounced vertically instead. I was trying to use the white card to pop their eyes a bit. Gary Fong is gonna get some of my money soon enough
 
Ahh ok i see how you got that lighting now. Vertical shot the flash seems to come from the left.

I had never heard of Gary Fong so i looked it up. My money may soon be going that direction too lol.
 
I was in too close as well. If i had stood back with an 85 (or soon to be 70-200:greenpbl:) I could have acheived less shadow. How are some of the pros around here handling hand held shots indoors/harsh lighting, while chasing toddlers?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom