Who You Callin' Ugly?

TwoRails

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WhoYouCallinUgly.jpg

LOL - Ya, a raisin I don't think I'd want to eat :shock: :)

There do exist mushrooms that look like this?
Whoa.
I never knew!
It'd FRIGHTEN me, if I ever came past one like those (unlikely to happen where I live, though, boy, no!).
Any hint as to its size??
Like this it looks HUGE in addition to looking frighteningly ugly (with an interesting COLOUR for it being a mushroom, though!).

There do exist mushrooms that look like this?
Whoa.
I never knew!
It'd FRIGHTEN me, if I ever came past one like those (unlikely to happen where I live, though, boy, no!).
Any hint as to its size??
Like this it looks HUGE in addition to looking frighteningly ugly (with an interesting COLOUR for it being a mushroom, though!).
Ya, almost spooky. :) - Below is a in-camera flash snap shot of a similar one I took about 5 months ago. It was getting pretty dark.

The one above is (was?) larger than the one below. Above was about the size of maybe a tennis ball. Those short brown items scattered all over are dried pine needles: they are typically about 3/4 - 1 inch long. Hope that gives you a better frame of reference.

I have now idea what they are called, so I call them "brain 'srooms" :)

Mushrooms-Apr-12-08-EditCropLowResP.jpg

wow those are some odd looking shrooms.

I think you need to call MIB. The Blob is back. :mrgreen:

Those are some very unique looking mushrooms to say the least...:shock:...nice job capturing them...:thumbup:

wow those are some odd looking shrooms.
Ya, pretty strange looking things! I'm fascinated by them. I don't see them often, either.

I think you need to call MIB. The Blob is back. :mrgreen:
LOL! Good one!

Those are some very unique looking mushrooms to say the least...:shock:...nice job capturing them...:thumbup:
Thanks! I've taken a few shots of them over a couple of years now (if I see any) and my earlier shots were pretty bad. Hopefully by the time I see some more, I'll better from learning here, and maybe I'll have some extension tubes or a macro lens which should help some. I want to do better ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back