Why all the options for posting an image link?

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm still a little baffled as to why a PHOTOGRAPHY forum makes it so blessed difficult to simply post an image using an off-site URL.

Most other forums make it stupendously simple. Click on the Insert Image icon, and you get this:

Postimage1.jpg

That's all. Paste your image URL there, and it's done.

But, NoooOOOOoooooOOOOOooo.... not TPF!

We click on the Insert Image icon, and we gotta do this:

Postimage3.jpg

Choose the From URL tab.....

Postimage2.jpg

Paste the URL, AND THEN.................

Postimage4.jpg

....DESELECT "Retrieve remote File and reference locally"... (whatever the he11 that means.)

Seriously... does it HAVE to be THAT complicated?

Smiley-rant.gif
over, now.

Sparky...this *is* TPF, after all...

Sparky...this *is* TPF, after all...

Yeah, well, even Nikon and Canon make taking photos one-button easy. Imagine if, every time you wanted to take a picture, you'd have to wade through a bunch of options. Press the shutter button, then you have to select the ISO, Image Size, File Folder, etc. just to get the shutter to actuate!

The only real difference is that you also have the option to upload an image from our computer.

I think most people would call that a good thing.

Usually when posting web based images, I don't bother using the Insert Image icon! I just paste the link with the HTML/BB code... quick and easy.

Last edited:
Usually when posting web based images, I don't bother using the Insert Image icon! I just paste the link with the HTML code... quick and easy.

Some sites create the copied text as a link and that cannot be inserted between the [imge][/img] tags.

Usually when posting web based images, I don't bother using the Insert Image icon! I just paste the link with the HTML code... quick and easy.

Some sites create the copied text as a link and that cannot be inserted between the [imge][/img] tags.

Oh.. like Facebook? True... I just don't use those for posting images. I typically only use Flickr, and sometimes Photobucket for quick stuff I don't want on my Flickr site...

Which actual image hosting sites have you had issues with?

I must admit if I have a URL I've always just manually done the image tags myself and never used the option; so personally I've never used the menu.

Sadly I'm unsure what options there are in the background for adjusting the menu without using custom coding on the site itself (both being admin things).

I agree that it should be easier to post an image from a link.

You lost me at insert.

I just take the BBCode from Flickr and paste it into the text box when I'm creating the thread or replying or whatever.

I just take the BBCode from Flickr and paste it into the text box when I'm creating the thread or replying or whatever.

Me too. It works perfectly every time. Select the desired size, then copy & paste.

Me to on BBcode now that I just recently figure out how to.It does work perfectly.

Oh.. like Facebook? True... I just don't use those for posting images. I typically only use Flickr, and sometimes Photobucket for quick stuff I don't want on my Flickr site...

Which actual image hosting sites have you had issues with?

IMG code does work with Facebook URLs...as long as you open the copy the location of the image when it's opened as a seperate tab rather than in the FB image viewer. :roll:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back