Why are these memory cards so cheap?

a1157814a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1233177656/ref=sr_nr_p_form_factor_10?ie=UTF8&rs=516866&bbn=516866&rnid=107452011&rh=n%3A541966%2Cn%3A172455%2Cn%3A172500%2Cn%3A516866%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A673262011%2Cp_form_factor%3ASD%20Memory%20Card"]Amazon.com: SD Memory Card - 2GB / Memory Cards / Memory: Computers & PC Hardware[/ame]

They are significally cheaper than ones I researched on like bestbuy.com.

EDIT-the ones on top part i meant

That is a fair price for the 2Gig SD card nowadays. (Check out newegg as well)

No need to worry about bestbuy price on flash memory cards.

These will be cheap because they are the regular SD cards, not the Ultra or Extreme ones. The higher end ones will have a faster write speed meaning that you will be able to keep taking photos quicker. Also, in my experience, bestbuy really marks things up. I can almost always find a better deal if I shop around a bit.

These will be cheap because they are the regular SD cards, not the Ultra or Extreme ones. The higher end ones will have a faster write speed meaning that you will be able to keep taking photos quicker. Also, in my experience, bestbuy really marks things up. I can almost always find a better deal if I shop around a bit.

How much differences would the 'Ultra' or 'Extreme' memory cards have?
(Please only answer if you have actually taken photos with them and regular ones!)

89 cents for a 2gb card with free shiping that is the best deall ive seen in a long time

The higher end memory cards make quite a difference. I have actually shot with the regular cards and would notice my camera lagging quite a bit if I shot photos in rapid succession. With the higher end cards, this time between shots was either eliminated or significantly diminished

I have regular and extreme iii cards. If you're shooting many frames at a fast fps, (motorsports for example) then you will notice the difference. If you're just shooting one or two shots at a time, you won't really notice.

How much differences would the 'Ultra' or 'Extreme' memory cards have?
(Please only answer if you have actually taken photos with them and regular ones!)

If you have a fast writing camera and are shooting RAW, it makes a HUGE difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back